Monday, June 16, 2008

What are you doing here?

Scripture:
1 Kings 19:13 When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.

And a voice said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Observation:
What are you doing here Elijah? What a great question that the Lord poses to Elijah. the funny thing is that the Lord told him to go Mount Sinai. Someting tells me that the physical location was not what the Lord was asking him about. Something tells me that He was asking Elijah about where he was in his heart.
Elijah 40 daye earlier just killed 450 prophets of Baal, helped to restore Israel to a right relationship wit the Lord and still discoragement set in. I think Gods question was an attempt to help Elijah to smap out of the funk he found himself in. "What are you doing here?" I think this question is really asking "What is going on in your head my friend?"

Application:
When my head gets the best of me, either by spiritual warfare or just my flesh wandering off into a crazy depressed place, I want to ask "Lance what are you doing here?"

Prayer:
Lord, help me to always remember to keep my head. At every turn, the enemy wants to take me out. I always want to remember to ask "What am i doing here?" to help me snap out of the funk. I love you Lord

No comments: