Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Gracious arm of the Lord

Scripture:
1 Kings 21:27 But when Ahab heard this message, he tore his clothing, dressed in burlap, and fasted. He even slept in burlap and went about in deep mourning.
28 Then another message from the Lord came to Elijah: 29 “Do you see how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has done this, I will not do what I promised during his lifetime. It will happen to his sons; I will destroy his dynasty.”


Observation:
i believe we can never fully understand the loving grace of the Lord. Ahab was a disobedient, spineless, leader ovet the people of God. His disobedience and fear of the his wife over the fear of the Lord, was clear for all to see. Still the loving gracious arm of the Lord reached down to cover the simple humility Ahab showed.

Application:
May i always remember to repent. I never want to leave my disobedience un repented. The truth is that the Grace of the Lord can cover my stupidity if I will only allow Him

Prayer:
Lord you are so mercyful. It is hard to fathom how gracious you are. Thank you for the example of Grace and forgivness you show. Will you help me to do the same. I love you my Jesus

No comments: