Thursday, June 19, 2008

Real Love

Scripture:
1Timothy 1:5 The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. 6 But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions. 7 They want to be known as teachers of the law of Moses, but they don’t know what they are talking about, even though they speak so confidently.

Observation:
Love that comes from a
1. pure heart
2. clear concience
3. genuine faith
the point here is very clear. Paul here, inspired by the Holy Spirit, tells us that "love" is the big issue. not emotional love that stems from a set of "feelings" rather, genuine, pure and thoughtful Love.

Application:
I want my love to flow from a decision in my brain. I want to "feel" as a result of my choice to do that which is loving.

Prayer:
Lord, teach me how to love. Even the unlovely. I want to love like you love. I want my life to filled with your Heart for that which moves your heart - I love you my Jesus

No comments: