Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Devoted Prayer

Scripture:
Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Observation:
Devote yourselves. here the Lord asks us to make Prayer a priority of devotion in our lives. often times our prayer lives end up being a glorified "wish list" to santa. A devoted prayer life is one of commitment. Full of open communication with Lord. Speaking and listening.

Application:
I want to have a devoted prayer life. one that engages my mind and my heart. i want more than some sort of list that I bring befor the Lord on some simi-regular basis. I want a prayer life that is life to me.

Prayer:
Lord help me to develope a devoted prayer life. Fully engeged in heart. mind and spirit. I want to have open heart2heart love with you my master - I love you

No comments: