Friday, June 27, 2008

My lIfe's purpose

Scripture:
2Tim 3:10 But you, Timothy, certainly know what I teach, and how I live, and what my purpose in life is. You know my faith, my patience, my love, and my endurance.

Observation:
Here Paul tells Timothy "you know what my purpose in life is". What a remarkable statement. Today authors write best selling books and overbook conferences having to do with any one person finding their life's purpose. Here Paul says a crazy statement. "Tim, purpose should be clear enough for even others to see in me" perhaps we have this whole purpose thing all messed up. What if our life's purpose has nothing to do with what i get out of the deal? What if our life's purpose has more to do with living a crucified life then a glorified one?

Application:
I want my life purpose to be clear for all to see. I think the moment my life's purpose becomes unclear to others it has long since been unclear to me! I want to keep my life's purpose clear and visible.

Prayer:
Lord would you simplify my life. I want to live for you. I want the very reason I breath to be to bring you glory and there in fulfill my life's purpose - I love you Jesus

No comments: