Tuesday, June 24, 2008

contentment with godliness

Scripture:
1Timothy 6:6 Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. 7 After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

Observation:
So often we want to define great wealth by standards that seem so temporary. bigger house, larger income or even great family's. All these age nice and even almost necessary. So what does the Lord mean having Paul write here that true godliness with contentment is great wealth? My heart tells me that true contentment is the greatest thing on earth. the cessation of striving for anything other than godliness is an awesome goal

Application:
i want to strive for contentment with where the Lord has me today. i can still have plans and even goals. the real problem with my discontentment is when i look too far into the future and try living my life into it. If however, i live today, in today I find it easier to live a contented life

Prayer:
Lord, help me live in today. contented, but in today - i love you Lord

No comments: