Thursday, June 26, 2008

Honorable use to the Lord

Scripture:
2Tim 2:20 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. 21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.

Observation:
Keeping myself pure. Some how I think that purity or impurity will only have an impact on my individual life. We read here that purity or lack there of, actually qualifies you or disqualifies you for the work of "honor" in the work of the Lord. We live such a selfish existence. when will we realize that the Lord wants us all to be honorable and useful to Him. He intended us to all be of special use to Him. Purity therefore, must not be an option. our purity must be motivated out of a love for him and his availability not our of my emotions or feelings on the subject

Application:
My ability or desire for purity needs to be established in a willingness to be obedient to Him. Simply put. I want to be pure therefore like it says in the following verses "run from youthful lusts". My life is to be lived out of a love for whats right not out of the fear of reproof or the lack of fulfilling a youthful lust. I want purity simply because i love Jesus and want to be of special use to Him

Prayer:
Lord help me to run in a way that pleases you. I don't want to flee sin only to not get hurt. I want to flee sin because it is then that i am of special, and honorable use to you. - I love you my Jesus

No comments: