Monday, June 30, 2008

The seriousness of my call

Scripture:
Titus 2:7 And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.

Observation:
Let everything I do reflect the integrity and seriousness of my teaching. How easy it is to be flippant and light hearted at times. the integrity and seriousness of the calling of the Lord is nothing to be taken lightly. The truth is, the enemy never stops, he never lets up. He never even takes time off. How much more is it that I must continue to pursue "righteousness at all times" I can still live a life that is filled with joy. No one said that a righteous life is synonymous with a Joyless life. on the the contrary. The true joyous life is filled with the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control) I cant imagine a more fulfilled life than that.

Application:
One day at a time. I just want to life one day at a time. In fact, I want to life one obedient decision at a time over and over just to make one obedient day.

Prayer:
Lord, help me live obediently. I want to take the seriousness of my calling to a new place. I want to always remember that to every action there is a re-action. IOW: When i am obedient it affects more than just me

No comments: