Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Always ready to do good

Scripture:
Titus 3:1 Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good.

Observation:
Somehow this verse hasn't made it very far in the Church. "Submit to the government and its officers?" I know the climate this passage was written in wasn't all that God friendly. Much like today the openness to the message of the gospel was a mute point. How is it that i will respond when approached with a political joke or opinion? Will I laugh or sneer? I need to make a choice to do the right thing and submit (willingly devote) my heart to the leadership that the Lord has allowed in my life

Application:
I need to pray for those that the Lord has put in my life. like it or not, I know He knows what He is doing and I will trust Him

Prayer:
Lord help President Bush. Help he and his cabinet in the decisions they have to make today. Help our country as we head toward a change of leadership. Have mercy on us and lead us in our decision. - I love you Jesus

No comments: