Friday, August 8, 2008

Obey out of love

Scripture:
Jeremiah 2:26 “Israel is like a thief who feels shame only when he gets caught. They, their kings, officials, priests, and prophets— all are alike in this.

Observation:
We are so much like Israel. only feeling shame when we get caught. Sad. when will we begin to obey the Lord because it is a pleasure to love and honor Him? When will the desire of our hearts be to love our Lord and walk in ways that please Him. Instead we spend time wondering what we can get away with in hopes that we will get away with something. How crazy is that? What if our energy were spent growing in love with our master and Savor Jesus? What if our time were spent training ourselves to live right and not how to get away with that which is wrong? Hmmm

Application:
It's exhausting to keep trying to see what it is that we can get away with. I want to spend time loving my father like i love my wife. No one needs to tell me to love her and only her. I love Pollie because i love her. I don't want to hurt her in any way. I want my love and obedience to the Lord to be like that kind of love

Prayer:
Lord Help me to learn how to walk in a way that pleases you out of love and "want to" I get tired trying to obey out of a "have to" I love you and i want my feet and hands to show it. I love you

No comments: