Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The first stone

Scripture:
John 8:6 They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7 They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” 8 Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

Observation:
The first stone. You know we all have a "first stone" of judgement that needs to fall to the ground. And like those accusers most of us have that stone in our hand poised and ready to throw. I know i do. I hate it but I do. I need to open my fist and allow it to fall from my grip

Application:
I want to be ready to open my fingers and let the stone fall to the ground. I want to stop the potential judgement in my mouth to fall away. truly I want to avoid picking up the "first stone" all thgether.

Prayer:
Lord, help me to see what you see in people. I want to be like you Jesus seeing what you see. when you looked at the woman caught you saw a woman who needed to be free. when you saw people ready to judge, you say people who needed to release their judgement. all about freedom. - i love you

No comments: