Tuesday, July 29, 2008

True spiritual maturity

Scripture:
Isaiah: 6 “No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. 7 Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.
8 “Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. 9 Then when you call, the Lord will answer. ‘Yes, I am here,’ he will quickly reply. NLT


Observation:
Wow!. what if the Church really bought in to this type of living. What if we really concerned ourselves with godly living. The kind that required a living out of the things we are growing in private. for some silly reason we seem to have forgotten that a mature Christian life is one who lives life out in public. I think we still have this crazy notion that maturity is only lived in the church.

Application:
When will I finally see that my private life is nothing but spiritual weight training. When will I look for ways to get in to the game with what I have been preparing for. I want to be the kind of man the Lord had planned for me all along. Fasting that only produces piety is fasting that is worthless. I want a fasting lifestyle that produces obedience.

Prayer:
Lord help me to see what you have for me. Help me to see the what you have for me to walk out. I want to see spiritual maturity as a walking out of the things I know. I love you my Jesus

No comments: