Friday, April 24, 2009

Live life knowing

Scripture:
Matthew 11:2 John the Baptist, who was in prison, heard about all the things the Messiah was doing. So he sent his disciples to ask Jesus, 3 “Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting,a]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] or should we keep looking for someone else?”

Observation:
Are you the Messiah? I love this question only because it reminds me that all of us need a savior. even John (his cousin). you  would think that after the "I'm not worthy to untie his sandals..." remark that John would have had a pretty good idea who Jesus really was. I am always surprised when i read this passage because i always think he should have known better. It leave me to wonder myself, do i know the Savior of my life? should my actions match up with what i say i believe and have confessed in the past. I am no different than John who knew better

Application:
I want to live my life knowing and showing that i know the Messiah my savior. I want to live and have it be seen by all that he has marked me both my past and my future. God is so good. even I'm my times that i feel "locked up" like John. i never want to loose sight of my master

Prayer:
Lord, Hello me to always see you, and recognize you even in the hardest times of my life. John knew you. it was only in his imprisonment that he questioned you. Help me to live knowing. I love you Jesus




No comments: