Saturday, August 8, 2009

My people

Scripture:
Jeremiah 2:13 "My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

Observation:
"My people have forsaken me..." the truth is, we spend way too much time trying to find ways to not have to depend on the Lord. We try hording, saving, storing up all in the name of responsibility. Sometimes i wonder if the underlying issue is that we don't want to have to trust in a spring that the Lord says will sustain and provide for us. We create cisterns to hold what the Lord intended to give us daily.

Application:
I need to spend time daily drinking from the spring of living water. The spring that never disappoint or fails

Prayer:
Lord i need you today. I need to drink deep of you today. Help me stop trying to create cisterns that will never hold what i think they will. I love you my Jesus

No comments: