Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Questioning the Lord is never a good idea

Scripture:
Job 38:1-3
38 Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind:
2 "Who is this that questions my wisdom
with such ignorant words?
3 Brace yourself like a man,
because I have some questions for you,
and you must answer them.

Observation:
"Brace yourself like a man" wow! I can honestly say that I never want to hear those words from the Lord. When it comes right down to it, God is God and there is no further discussion. Somehow we feel justified in our approach to telling God what he needs to do or fix. When I think of how silly that is, I am embarrassed

Application:
How dare I approach the Lord and demand an answer. He is the Lord. I want to trust him because he is the Lord

Prayer:
Lord, help me to know you and your Lordship. I love you 


No comments: