Thursday, October 2, 2008

I need your strength

Scripture:
Psalms 10 He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might.11 No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Observation:
He takes no pleasure in Human might... Truly, the Lord doesn't need my strength or might. He is completely capable to do anything he chooses when or how He wants. Even when i think i can bring my gifts to the table and help Him out a bit, He reminds me that it was He who gave me those gifts.

Application:
I need to remember that when i operate in my strength i am left with results, some good but relying on me to sustain. when i rely on Him to provide the strength, the sustaining is all His. Whatever he creates He has to sustain... whatever I create i have to sustain

Prayer:
Lord, help me always stop and remember that i am nothing without you. I need your strength for my family, for my walk for my ministry. I need you. I love you

No comments: